Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Music Is Hell

You're searching for that one perfect track... out of all the millions of tracks that have ever been recorded. It's impossible to listen to them all. In other words, you can never be 100% confident that you have the perfect track.

You've got a client whose taste runs the gamut from Katrina and the Waves to KC & The Sunshine Band.

A partner who likes "anything melancholy" (his words).

And a creative director who likes anything - absolutely anything - from within his own record collection.

The only saving grace is that one day I will die. After which, I won't have to look for any more music tracks. Unless of course... that is what awaits me in hell...

(I'd be interested in hearing from someone who does enjoy looking for music.)

5 comments:

Make the logo bigger said...

I don't mind it so much, but the more people you ask, the worse the suggestions. Must be one of Murphy's Laws.

But try this, it's a music aggregator for finding relevant songs amongst all the blogs out there. Go there, type in genre or artist, and blogs pop up that have anything recorded by those search terms.

The hype machine

michael@pinknoise said...

We would be happy to help you find music that makes everybody happy @ the same time.
It's what we do.

mmaxwell@pinknoise.com

michael@pinknoise said...

We face this & similar predicaments everyday.
We would happily find music for you that makes everybody happy.

mmaxwell@pinknoise.com

michael@pinknoise said...

We face this & similar predicaments everyday.
We would happily find music for you that makes everybody happy.

mmaxwell@pinknoise.com

Rosa Martinez said...

Hello Scamp!

I laughed so hard reading your blog. Because in part it is very true.

I am a music researcher who needs to please you, your partner, your creative director and your brand.

I often get briefs which say " We want something cool" When asked to define what cool means to them, they answer "you know... cool".

I'd wish at least I got given the clues: cool + melancholy + within my record collection. Now that's a good music brief!!

And the feedback... it's even more pathetic. I once was told "no because it is the perfect song for an ad". At this point I wanted to seriously change job.!

But seriously, desperation in my job has taken me to design a 4 page music search form for people like you and your boss and your client.

It's super easy to fill in, and it will remind your partner, your boss and your client, the real reason you are choosing music. To sell a product and to enhance a film!

The key to finding the song you need is writing down a real profile of the song you need.

Get in touch if you want that form. It's free!

Rosa Martinez

rosa@musicbydesign.co.uk

www.musicbydesign.co.uk


I strongly recommend you