Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Zoom-Zoom Please Die

I wasn't going to write about the new Mazda MX5 ad. My mother told me never to mock the afflicted.

But it is a new low. A man sees the car. He loves it. He drives it - a lot. He even drives it round a winding coast road. And that's it! No twist. No reward for the consumer. Nothing. Just a moving brochure.

Go to the Mazda website and you can watch the corporate video. And here's the kicker - they're the same! Hey, why do we need to make an ad? Let's just run the corporate video.

What on earth do the Mazda marketing people think they're doing? In a saner country, they would surely be beheaded on live TV.

1 comment:

Make the logo bigger said...

A trade: if you kill Doug-Doug, I promise to kill Zoom-Zoom for you.

I swear Doug-Doug should die.