Not long ago I would be jumping up and down, waiting to see what Honda was up to now. Have the ads got so good that it's just a shrug and yet another great Honda ad?
honda have already done an asimo ad with 'the power of dreams' on it. a dude on a travelator with asimo walking laongside him. I hope this reincarnation of the idea is better because it were rubbish last time.
I've seen the Honda ad on adcritic a few times now. It's average. I guess it's hard for W&K to maintain the exceptionally high standard they've set but this falls way short. I wonder if it's to do with the client changes at Honda? i hope they can come back with another great one to keep the torch of creativity burning at Honda but this is disappointing. Nice acting by Danny De Vito as the robot though;-)
Hi, I'm Simon Veksner, founder of social media agency Hungry Beast. Formerly a Creative Director at BBH London and DDB Sydney. See house rules for posting comments.
8 comments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp2sTFYbjmg
Not long ago I would be jumping up and down, waiting to see what Honda was up to now. Have the ads got so good that it's just a shrug and yet another great Honda ad?
I couldn't have put it better than sink sink socks.
But to add to his point, Honda's greatest acheivement with Asimo is giving it enough human qualities to elicit sympathy.
Is it possible to feel sorry for a robot?
Do androids dream of electric sheep?
I love it how they put the screen up to hide his fallen figure. Very considerate.
Initial reaction is I'm unmoved. And would i get my whole weekly shop in that thing?;-)
I just found your blog via Russell's column. Love the blog, the Honda video and the Arden/Wnek story.
honda have already done an asimo ad with 'the power of dreams' on it.
a dude on a travelator with asimo walking laongside him.
I hope this reincarnation of the idea is better because it were rubbish last time.
I've seen the Honda ad on adcritic a few times now. It's average. I guess it's hard for W&K to maintain the exceptionally high standard they've set but this falls way short. I wonder if it's to do with the client changes at Honda? i hope they can come back with another great one to keep the torch of creativity burning at Honda but this is disappointing. Nice acting by Danny De Vito as the robot though;-)
Post a Comment